I have a few Theodore’s available! Contact me below.
Pay For Your Reservation
By purchasing, you acknowledge:
- You will receive a working Theodore with a greasy bearing. I tested it, it works.
- I am not a company, you aren’t getting a return policy or a customer service department, just me and my preference for gunked up yoyos that can take a beating.
- I thought these would require sanding, but they didn’t cut strings at all in my testing. They still is a chance you’ll cut a string or two! Be careful in the first few days.
- The engraver did an okay job – you can read the numbers – but they aren’t 🌟💯🔥. If you are going to be bothered by a less than perfect engraving, please refrain from purchase.
- These are shipping unassembled, wrapped in paper, bearing seated, axle separate but ready. Nothing nice about the box. I want these to be used and the collectors box on Walter seemed to dissuade that.
- The price reflects my time and the demand. This yoyo is no better than any other aluminum on the market, and is purposefully priced.
- Sorry I’ma grouch. Long road.
- Make sure your shipping address is proper on checkout! No rush here, you have a reservation.
You need a reservation to pay!
Theodore – Shipped to the States
Mint no package.
Theodore – Ship outside the States
I hit a nice lull in orders so gonna take a little break.
Next shipment on or before August 1st.
Theodore is another retro-modern throw following in Walter’s footsteps.
I will update this page as the project evolves, including photos and whatever else.
The same ideas pervade the concept: responsive, soft in the hand, durable, hardcoat, built for play.
Theodore will be a wider than Walter. That is the main difference.
I will probably ship Theodore with a worse (aka more responsive – less maintenance needed) bearing.
Prototypes have been through two rounds, neither to my satisfaction.
The third round seems darn close – stay tuned!
C bearing, recessed to 3.6mm gap
likely to ship with some nasty bearings
Right now, I am planning to do two releases:
The Player’s Edition
The first will be black hardcoat, serial’d just like Walter was. I will do these without packaging to encourage them to be played hard and not to be stored in a pretty little box on your shelf.
Release date: May 5th, 2018 – Shipping Now
Price: $150 shipped in the US or in person, $160 shipped outside the US.
The Metal Edition
This will come much later, as they’re a dream project that will take a while to get together. I’m thinking 2019 or 2020, but my deadlines never stick.
They will be metal plated Theodores (probably ~40) with some (hopefully) special packaging. The pricing and reality of this 2nd run is still up in the air, so don’t hold me to any specific details. I only mention it here so that folks don’t get upset they bought a player’s edition if they wanted a metal plated version. Or visa versa.
Release date: 2020
Price: Expensive. Probably $200+ but won’t know for sure until much later.
Theodore is available still!
I have a few reservations that fell through and are now available to the public!
Questions welcome as well.
I am not selling multiples.